How it works
To participate you need:
- An internet capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
The software will also work over a
speaking connection but some mobile 'phone screens are too small. If in
doubt try reading the Mystery Sample.
- A reliable internet connection. Bandwidth usage is low, even
dial-up is sufficient.
- Any recent browser (www program) will
processing. Most can be solved without pictures.
- Ideally you will be the only sleuth using your computer. If you
must share you may find it wise to clear your history and log-in afresh
every time you make a move and you may not be able to use email without
other sleuths seeing your secrets.
- Time: cases are best analysed slowly, allowing
time for sleuths to talk between moves. If you can all get together round a
table you can solve a case in an evening but for many the ideal will be one
or two moves per day.
- Healthy scepticism.
- Basic cunning.
- And a steady nerve.
If you'd like to become